Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bathtub Tiles

Tile Tales
Bob the Builder I’m not.

I started on a project today that I’ve been meaning to do for the past year – and for good reason.

I needed to fix some of the bathtub tiles that were starting to come loose.


http://bobbeckstead.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/china-sandstone-tiles-sand-stone-paver-flagstone.jpg


Well…….

It’s a project not only for today, but also for tomorrow and possibly Friday and possibly beyond.

Seems the drywall behind the tiles is finally starting to go kaput after being up for about, oh, fifty years or so. I guess it had to happen sooner or later, but couldn’t it have waited until #1 I croaked or #2 somebody else owned the house?

So now I’ve got a stack of tiles that I can’t do anything with until I go to Home Depot and talk to one of their friendly customer representatives about what I can do to fix my little problem.

I was really hoping it was going to be an open and shut case. Put some heavy duty glue on the back of the tile and stick that puppy back up and we’re good to go.

Now I have to go one step farther and hope that my non-mechanically-inclined brain can handle the extra duty it’s been assigned.

Or I could just call in the real Bob the Builder for some assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment